From the inception of the internet era, a lot of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp, YouTube, Snapchat, and much more has emerged. Though their purpose may differ, they all have one thing in common; connecting millions of people all over the globe together. Social media has had a huge impact on how people interact. As a result, this popularity has made social media essay writing common in recent times.
Social Media Essay Types
We are in the age and time when virtually everybody is on social media. If you are looking for the best time to write an essay about social media, the perfect time for it is now.
When writing a social media essay, the first thing you want to do is choose a perfect social media essay topic. Your choice of the topic goes a long way in determining how well written your essay would turn out. First, you can check media and communication sociology topics from our colleagues.
In choosing your topic, you should also consider the type of essay you want to write. This would narrow down your choice of topics and help you in choosing effectively. This would also determine your style of writing. Here are the types of social media essays:
- Social media argumentative essay. An argumentative essay is one defined by a strong argument. It is very similar to debate writing. Here, you are picking a side of the coin and supporting your claims with points and analysis from good sources. If you choose to write an argumentative essay on social media, here are some examples of argumentative social media essay topics for you.
- Is social media causing more harm than good essay
- Social media: a social problem or a social solution essay
- Is social media good or bad essay
- Persuasive essay about social media. This type of essay is defined by persuasion. The main aim of a persuasive essay is to persuade your reader about your belief or idea. For your reader to be persuaded and give in to your idea, then your points must be logical and worthy. In writing this type of essay, it requires a core skill of critical thinking. Examples of this kind of essay are:
- The negative effects of social media essay
- Impact of social media essay
- The negative effects of social media on society essay
- The positive effects of social media essay
- Positive and negative effects of social media essay
- Cause and effect of social media essay
- Pros and cons of social media essay
- Satire essay on social media. A satirical style of writing is a type of essay writing which is defined by using sarcasm to make fun of or criticize a subject. Such writers often use elements like irony and hyperbole to get his point across. Writing a satirical essay requires creativity and a good sense of humor. Examples of such of this essay are:
- Social media addiction essay
- Social media isolation essay
How To Write A Social Media Essay
When writing an essay on social media, you need to have a proper structure in place just as with any other type of essay. With the correct structure in place, you are just a step away from writing a successful social media essay. Irrespective of the type of social media essay you want to work on, you can follow the outline highlighted below and you would be just fine.
- Introduction. A great social media essay introduction should be one that would hook your audience and get them interested to read the rest of your write-up. Also, when writing the introduction paragraph, you want to include keywords and catchy words related to the topic of your essay.
- Body paragraphs. After the introductory paragraph, you can then break your thoughts or ideas into 3 to 4 paragraphs. Here, you want to keep in mind the type of essay you are working on as this would determine your style of writing. For example, if it is a persuasive essay, you want your writing style to show facts. Let’s consider the topic “Negative effect of social media”. This is a persuasive kind of essay so you want to support your essay with facts (from a good source) about your claims.
Also, ensure your body paragraphs are in continuity. You want to maintain a flow that would keep your audience glued till the end of your write up.
- Conclusion. This is very important and you have to be very creative here. Your conclusion also depends greatly on the type of essay you are writing. You want to have a conclusion that reiterates your points. For example, consider an argumentative essay with the topic “Is social media doing more harm than good?”. The conclusion will sound like: “…..after all I have discussed, we can all see that social media is doing more good than harm” or “Though the negative impacts of social media cannot be ignored, the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages”. The conclusion paragraph is also the paragraph to include any relevant call to action.
Social Media Essay Topic Ideas
Choosing a social media essay topic is the first and most important step to writing a social media essay and this one task can be overwhelming at times. Here are some social media essay topics ideas to broaden your horizons and get you motivated and inspired on the social media essay topic to work on.
- Social media and its impact on society
- Impact of social media on our youths
- Impact of social media in education
- Impact of social media on social interactions
- Why is twitter popular among celebrities
- Why do professionals use LinkedIn?
- Advantages and disadvantages of Facebook
- Social media; a social problem or a social solution?
- Is social media strengthening relationship bonds or breaking relationship bonds?
- How to overcome social media addiction
- The world before and after social media
- How social media has transformed education
- Regulation of social media to produce a balanced society
- Is social media aiding cyberbullying?
- Impact of social media on businesses
- How social media has transformed the world of business
- Social media has opened a new way of doing business
- How social media made digital marketing possible
- The importance of social media online presence for individuals and businesses
- Is social media doing more harm than good?
- How a typical day without social media would be like; is it even possible?
- What if all social media platforms disappear, can the world survive without them?
If you are still finding it challenging writing an original social media essay, you can seek professional writing guidance from expert academic writers. Or if you don’t have the luxury of time to spend doing researches to come up with a plagiarism-free essay, you can also use the help of expert writers for a professionally written essay. The job will be done for you in no time.