Finding argumentative research paper topics is a lot easier than coming up with them. These topics enable students to learn about the content of a specific course. This form of writing is essential because it allows learners to acquire vital argumentative skills. A student must pay attention to their subject when selecting a relevant topic for their essay or paper.
If the educator asked you to write an essay on an argumentative topic, selecting a good title is the first step. This article has a wide range of argument paper topics from which you can choose what to write about when your teacher gives you this assignment.
What is an Argumentative Research Paper?
An argumentative research paper is a form of writing where the writer takes a specific stance on a topic or issue. This paper is analytical, and the author supports their perspective using relevant information. Thus, your writing won’t be compelling even if you take a firm stance if it lacks proper structuring and reinforcement with evidence and solid reasoning.
How to Write an Argumentative Paper
You can write an argumentative paper by following these simple steps:
- Select a topic for your essay and compose a thesis statement
- Research and organize your ideas and findings
- Structure and outline your paper
- Present your information with relevant supporting information
- Edit and revise your paper
The first and essential step is selecting an ideal topic that you can argue for or against in your paper. The following list comprises 190-plus ideas from which you can choose the subject to support or oppose.
College Argumentative Research Paper Topics
If you’re a college student, you need good topics to build your arguments in academic papers. Here are exciting ideas to consider for your college argumentative research papers.
- The industrial revolution was a Europe-wide phenomenon during the 19th century
- Does everybody enjoy justice?
- When can a person start smoking and drinking?
- When should a person have voting rights?
- Should the court document proceedings for television?
- Energetic drinks are harmful
- Entertainment joints should not sell alcoholic beverages after 11 pm
- The government should control alcohol usage
- The government should illegalize smoking in all public places
- Every country should activate the death sentence
- Tobacco production and sales should be illegal
- Are males and females equally emotional?
- Parents are responsible for obesity in children
- College education should be free
- Beauty standards should be more inclusive
- All college majors are equally vital
- Social media is terrible for kids
- Technology has changed the magic definition
- Exploring places is worth your time and money
- Employers should pay for internships
- Workers’ income and degrees should have a tie
- Climate change threatens the planet
- Feminism is still important
- Professors have a conflict of interest when asking students to buy their books
- Online college degrees are as legit as those from brick-and-mortar schools
- Anti-discrimination laws don’t protect disabled students sufficiently
- Everybody should enjoy free healthcare
- A popular vote should decide elections
- Society has made the necessary slavery reparations
- The modern taxation system is not effective
- Males earn more money than females in the corporate sector
- Students should study Shakespeare as part of their college curriculum
- College tuition is too expensive for some students
- Test scores provide the best method for judging the students’ competency
- Is a college degree worth its cost?
- Can life be complete without hope and faith?
- Modern students face more social pressures
- The past does not define a person
- Females should not select STEM programs
- Well-read persons are not necessarily intelligent individuals
- Parenting should not be gender-neutral
All are brilliant topics for argument-based papers. Nevertheless, you should be creative to write good essays on these ideas.
Good Argument Paper Topics for High School
You should know how to write a detailed argumentative paper by the time you’re in high school. These ideas can help you get started with your argumentative essay.
- The government should not punish people for burning the flag
- Parents should not be in trouble if their kids don’t attend school
- Social media hurts relationships
- Companies should have a diverse staff
- The government should raise the minimum wage
- Society does not treat males and females equally
- Every student should acquire a college education
- Climate change is not a real threat
- Schools should not allow some personal expressions
- High school students should work during their academic years
- Artificial intelligence will hurt the world
- All cars should be electric
- Schools should offer more art courses
- The electoral college is unnecessary
- A country’s leader actions influence every citizen
- The United States is lagging in terms of education
- Parents should have the right to decline their kids’ medical treatment
- Sampling your DNA for genealogy purposes is a good idea
- Wind farms are beneficial to the economy and environment
High school students can write on any of these titles without struggling because they are relatively straightforward. Nevertheless, a learner should take a stance and focus on convincing the readers to side with them.
Elementary School Topics for Argument Research Paper
If you’re in elementary school and your teacher has assigned you an argumentative essay, consider the following topics for your paper.
- Children programs should not feature commercials
- Homework helps children learn
- School should go year-round
- Schools do not treat girls and boys equally
- Parents should limit kids’ screen time
- Is reading a non-fiction or a fiction book better?
- Schools should be fairer for children with humble backgrounds
- Learning should start earlier than eight in the morning
- Kids should participate in national elections
- Dessert should come before dinner
- School rules are not fair
- School lunch should include vegetables even when some learners dislike them
- Hot dogs are bad for your health
- Three family generations should live together
- Kids shouldn’t have weekend homework
- Schools are not doing enough to end bullying
- Video games should be a sport
- Kids should switch teachers every year
- Parents do not treat children equally
- Harmful diet effects
- Swimming is the best sport
- Hockey is among the most dangerous sports
- Golf is no longer necessary
- Society should address anorexia
- People should think more about sleep to address health issues
Elementary school learners can write about these topics argumentatively. Nevertheless, they need creativity to write winning papers.
Definitional Argument Paper Topics
A definitional argument paper requires the learner to introduce an issue or claim, define the key terms and present their argument that meets or supports the definition. Here are interesting definitional argument essay topics to consider for your papers.
- Death penalty- Is there a human way to execute it?
- Drug abuse- Why people start abusing drugs and their influence on the human brain
- Alcoholism- Why a person becomes alcoholic and its root
- Pro-life and pro-choice- What they mean and the argument supporting them
- Global warming- Its causes and how to end it
- Patriotism- What it means and why everybody should be patriotic to their country
- Independence- Definition and what it means for a country
- Capitalism and communism- Their differences and which one is ideal for people
- Terrorism- Its origin and how to stop it
- Revolution- Meaning and causes
- Anarchism- What it means
- Charisma- Why it’s essential for a person’s success
- Kindness- What being kind means
- Creative mind- Meaning and how learners can develop creativity
- Responsible behavior- How learners can be more accountable for their actions
If your tutor requires you to write a definitional argument essay, pick any of these titles and develop it with relevant information supporting your stance.
Rogerian Argument Topics for a Paper
In Rogerian writing, a student starts discussing an argument without inclination to any side. Ideally, you try to find a middle ground when writing an argumentative Rogerian paper. Here’s a list of ideas for this essay.
- Should men be older than women when starting relationships?
- Are video games or cartoons making children violent and stubborn?
- Do beauty pageants or film stars have to endure exploitation to come into the limelight?
- Is television decreasing or increasing criminal minds?
- How actors are increasing nudity
- Is it good for teens to access condoms?
- Are child development and behavior better now than in ancient times?
- The government should limit cell phones’ usage
- Children don’t treat parents the same way when they grow old
- Test scores don’t provide good criteria for judging efficiency in students
- Modern technologies are not doing enough for the planet
- Rape and murder criminals deserve a death penalty
- Governments should plan a new, more sensible election procedure
- Three days of paternity leave is insufficient for fathers
- Mothers are responsible for nurturing their kids’ rights from conception
- People should quit playing the lottery
- The Indian taxation system is unfair
- Cheating doesn’t aid learning
- Is drinking coffee or tea good for human health?
- Playing video games improves the mental level.
These topics are highly debatable and will attract more readers. However, you need some research to write about some of these ideas.
Classical Argument Paper Topics
Perhaps, you want to base your paper on a classic topic. In that case, pick a title for your essay from this list.
- Does the American territory has actual Indians?
- How humans can protect the Amazonia nature
- Tsunami and sacrifices that people associate with it
- The effects of a tornado
- Can the US disappear from the world map?
- The robust aspects of the Roosevelt reign
- Why do people say Wilson lost the war?
- Are you for or against globalization, and why?
- Can electric vehicles solve the pollution problem?
- Government should punish citizens for hurting the environment
- Government should forbid animal usage in research
- Students should contribute to the social movement to enhance nature’s safety
- More species that should feature in the Red Book
- Do you support King Kong for killing the people who tried to investigate his world?
- Should the government punish people for destroying rainforests?
Any of these ideas can be the basis of an excellent paper. Nevertheless, you will need time to research some of these titles to develop a good essay.
Philosophy Argument Paper Topics
Students have many philosophical ideas on which they can write brilliant papers. Whether you need traditional or modern philosophy argument paper topics, this list has exciting titles for you.
- Morality should be subjective
- Sexual desires provide clues about a person’s behavior
- Love is a positive word for everybody
- Knowledge value is essential than that of truth
- Scientific or technological progress should have a free rein
- People should listen to conscience more
- Should humans exploit or eliminate ageism?
- Is philosophy the first science?
- Is making health decisions with long-term or permanent effects for kids moral?
- Is passing beliefs that are impossible to prove to children moral?
- Does beauty lie in the eyes of the beholder, or does it exist universally?
- Is spreading life on the planet a moral obligation for humans?
- Is atheism the same belief as to the others?
- Should individuals with mental or cognitive disorders have similar ethical standards to ordinary people?
- Are humans naturally good or evil?
- Is there a moral fact?
- Should the unborn people affect your current decisions?
- Does education level affect morality negatively or positively?
- How to claim that current ethical standards are perfect and universal or not
- People can’t be humans if they use genetic engineering on their personalities
- Are evil and good characters absolute or relative?
- Is it moral and ethical to enforce animal spaying?
- Is denying person recognition or an award of extraordinary skill and feats moral and ethical?
- Is using embryos in genetic engineering and medical research ethical?
- Do humans have a moral duty to protect the environment?
- Should humans slow down technological advancement to match with philosophy?
- Should humans reconsider the free-will notion?
- Are clones the original’s extensions or individuals?
- Are moral rules limiting humans?
- Is it a person’s choice to suffer?
- How genetics contribute to a person’s behavior
- Is censoring social media hate speech ethical?
- Are religions moral and ethical?
- Are wars moral and ethical?
- Do people get fulfillment or happiness from money?
All these are excellent ideas on which you can base philosophy essays. Nevertheless, take your time to research what other scholars say about your topic before you start writing.
Causal Argument Topics for a Research Paper
A causal argument answers the why question. While most papers lack comprehensiveness in answering this question, they speculate on a phenomenon’s causes. Here are topics to consider for this essay.
- Why females mature faster than males
- The effects of body-shaming on a woman’s general wellbeing
- Factors affecting women’s leadership efficiency in the workplace
- Investigating factors affecting women’s healthcare access
- Factors affecting military organizations’ women
- Assessing top leadership barriers for military women
- Analyzing gender studies role in society
- Strategies for reducing the gap between male and female students taking STEM subjects
- How gender studies affect women’s development globally
- Understanding the effects of domestic and sexual violence on teenage girls and women
- Analyzing the differences in men and women in top political positions
- Exploring women’s experiences in leadership among the African-American churches in the United States
- Do men need a movement to fight for their rights like feminist women?
- How social media affects activism and feminism movements
- Does the media set beauty standards that increase the girl child suicide rate?
- Paternity and maternity leave- Which one is essential than the other?
- The role of the women’s suffrage movement and its impact on equality
- Workplace policies and the glass ceiling in workplaces
- Anorexia and bulimia in females and males
- Gender and homophobia in modern society
- The effects of religion and culture on gender roles
- The impact of media in shaping female and male roles in society
All these are interesting argument research paper topics for students at different study levels. Nevertheless, you need time and skills to write about these ideas and score a higher grade.
Get Professional Help with Your Argumentative Research Paper
Knowing what an argumentative paper is and how to write it is not enough. Even if you choose easy argument paper topics, you may lack adequate time to handle your assignment. However, this shouldn’t hinder you from scoring the top grade. Our expert writers can help you write and submit a quality paper within the deadline set by your educator. Regardless of your study level, we have the best specialists to assist you.
Stop struggling with your paper when our experts are ready to offer you cheap, fast, and quality assistance. We’ve helped many learners complete writing assignments about different argumentative topics, and we’re prepared to assist you. Whether you have a complex or easy title, we have a specialist ready to work on it. Contact us now!