Are you planning to join a nursing college? Well, the bulk of your work will involve writing research papers to demonstrate your comprehension of various aspects and preparedness as a nursing professional. Put it this way; if you want to be successful in nursing, you have to get it right on every nursing research paper. This brings us to the main question: “How do you write a great research paper?”
To help you craft top-notch papers, we are going to provide you with a comprehensive guide. Finally, we will list 110 top nursing research paper topics that you can use today.
What is Nursing Research Paper?
Before we can list the hottest researchable topics in nursing, it is important to establish what these papers are.
A nursing research paper is a common type of academic writing for nursing students. The papers can be based on theoretical aspects such as human physiology, healthcare management, or lab applications.
The main goal of the research papers is to help students develop skills that are necessary for the nursing profession. Your professor will be looking for a clear understanding of key concepts, penchant for details, and impressive writing skills.
Top Nursing Research Paper Topics Today
If you are faced with the challenge of selecting a research topic for your nursing paper, there is no need to panic. In reality, you are not alone. Many students, including proficient writers, are faced with the challenge at some point. To jump-start your process, we are going to list the top 110 hot topics in nursing that you can use. Go ahead and pick them directly or tweak a little to fit your preferred paper.
Great childhood nursing research topics
- Causes and treatment of ADHD.
- A closer look at antibiotics resistance in children.
- What are the main causes of seizures in children?
- Child obesity: What are the main causes?
- Analyzing why the strategies adopted for addressing child obesity are failing.
- Ethics of pediatric care.
- How effective are the measures used in preventing infant injury during delivery?
- The best strategies for treating malnutrition in children.
- Analyzing the evolution of neonatal care in the last 50 years.
- What are the main causes of child mortality in the UK?
Mental health research topics for nursing students
- What are the best treatment methods for dementia patients?
- How effective is the mirror therapy in brain rehabilitation?
- Harms vs. benefits of using antipsychotics when preventing delirium.
- Cancer-related fatigue and depression: What is the relationship?
- How safe are disposable cuffs?
- Using abdominal massage to reduce residual gastric volumes in critically ill patients.
- Helping stroke patients regain their motor functions.
- What are the main causes of chest pain in adults?
- How effective are the methods used to help intimate partner violence victims?
- Analyzing the effectiveness of emergency medical assistance for road traffic accidents.
Good nursing research topics on women issues
- A closer look at post-pregnancy care for women after losing fetuses.
- What are the main factors contributing to the current high infertility rates in women?
- How effective are the procedures used for breast cancer screening?
- A deeper look at the preventative measures used for sexually transmitted infections.
- Evaluating Chlamydia treatment plans and their effectiveness.
- Analyzing the main causes of osteoporosis in women.
- How effective are preventive health programs against sexually transmitted diseases in women?
- Addressing the emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- What are the best methods for treating acne in women?
- Evaluating the current strategies used to increase the chances of conception in women.
Interesting obstetric nursing research topics
- Does breastfeeding increase mother to child HIV infections?
- What are the main risks associated with early pregnancies?
- Education workshops for new mothers: Are they important?
- Importance of awareness about blood sugar during pregnancy.
- What are the causes of miscarriage in the first trimester of pregnancy?
- Demystifying episiotomy.
- What is epidural?
- What is the best pain management method during delivery?
- What are the benefits and demerits of delivery with a partner?
- Caesarean Section: What emergencies necessitate the use of CS for delivery?
- Evaluating unhealthy habits during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- What factors cause the pregnancy to go beyond the 40th week?
Hot topics in nursing issues
- How effective are the strategies used to address emotional health for nurses?
- A closer look at the evolution of nursing in the 20th century.
- What strategies are used to reduce the danger of contracting infectious diseases?
- What are the dangers of inadequate nurse staffing for patients?
- Analyzing the role of nursing in healthcare services.
- Evaluating the impact of culture in nursing.
- What are the benefits of collaborative nursing?
- What legal issues can a nurse face in the course of her/his work?
- Male nurses offering intimate care to female patients.
- What are the challenges that stand on the path of becoming a certified nurse?
- What are the best strategies for addressing staffing challenges in public health facilities?
- Human resources development: What are the best strategies for increasing nurses’ productivity?
- The ethics of adopting internationally trained nurses.
Top quantitative nursing research topics
- A closer look at data collection ethics in adult healthcare.
- Evaluating the mortality rates related to sex and heart attack.
- Analyzing the development of telehealth.
- Cardiovascular issues and their treatment.
- Comparing home care to nursing homes.
- Evaluating critical care nursing.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of massage therapy.
- Analyzing the ethics of assisted suicide.
- What are the benefits of healthy diets?
- A closer look at peculiarities of ambulatory healthcare.
- A closer look at the balance between healthcare and costs.
- Should stress and information overload be treated medically?
- Managing chronic diseases: What are the challenges?
- How effective are the current strategies for treating eating disorders?
- What is the effectiveness of the application of pet therapy?
- Teaching self-care: Should this be the primary role of every nurse?
- What are the rights of nurses when handling abusive patients?
- Comparing nurses from different countries across the globe.
- Analyzing the main causes of heart attacks.
Hot nursing research topics in pain management
- A closer look at pain management in hemophilia.
- Analyzing fetal pain perception by medical experts.
- Best practices in pain management during labor and delivery.
- How effective is cognitive hypnotherapy application in pain management?
- What are the best alternatives for long-term pain treatment?
- What are the common pain disorders caused by wrong acute pain management?
- Analyzing Benson’s relaxation therapy for main management.
- A closer look at the main post-discharge pain-management strategies.
- How effective are the strategies for pain management in cancer patients?
- Analyzing the effectiveness of non-pharmacological methods of pain-relief for adolescents.
- What are the best methods of managing pain in children with life-limiting illnesses?
- Analyzing the US policy on acute dental pain management in children.
Nursing research topics in primary healthcare
- Analyzing the role of private healthcare providers in the mental health services system.
- Evaluating bias in most healthcare financing strategies.
- How effective are the assessment methods used in public healthcare facilities?
- Comparing private healthcare and public healthcare systems.
- What improvements can you recommend for the primary health care services today?
- A closer look at the benefits and demerits of vaccination programs.
- What are the primary roles of nurses working in schools?
- Medical services at patients’ homes: What are the pros and cons?
- What are the benefits of nursing classification?
- How effective are probiotics in diarrhea treatment?
Good nursing research topics in nurses and doctors relationships
- Should nurses and doctors have equal opportunities?
- Exploring the methods of treatment used by doctors and nurses?
- Comparing the training process for doctors and nurses.
- Demonstrating the importance of good relationships between doctors and nurses.
Nursing research topic ideas in healthcare management
- Who is responsible for failure in surgeries?
- What roles do human resources management play in hospitals?
- Nursing uniform code: Evaluating the main rules.
- Evaluating gender prejudices in nursing.
- Analyzing the management principles for healthcare experts.
- What are the best methods for enhancing staff relations in healthcare facilities?
- Pros and cons of Medicare.
- Marijuana management: What are the main rules?
- Analyzing the quality of healthcare service in the US asylums.
- What are the main channels that nurses can use to become physicians?
Developing a Good Nursing Research Paper Outline
Now that you know what a nursing research paper is, the next step, the nursing essay outline. This will be your blueprint for crafting a great paper.
The first step when developing a nursing paper outline is selecting the preferred topic. Here, the aim is picking an interesting topic with ample resources. The best resources should be no older than five years after their publication. When working on your research paper outline, consider it as a table of content that tells you where a specific item is discussed in a publication. Here is a complete outline that you should consider for your paper.
- The nursing research paper title
- The Main Body
Here, you commence by broadly defining the topic. You should consider telling the reader what the main concept you are working on is about. Remember to make the opening statement interesting so that the reader can have the anticipation to keep reading the paper.
Still, in the intro, provide the research questions and give some background about the topic. You can opt to capture some statistics about the topic or use a quote. For example, a student writing about HIV and AIDS might opt to capture the prevalence rates in the region of interest. Note that this should be brief because the main details will be discussed in the body of the paper.
At the end of the introduction, provide a thesis statement. This is your argument that will feature in every part of the paper.
Once you are through with the introduction, it is time to get down to crafting your nursing paper. Make sure to break the body of the essay into individual paragraphs. Every paragraph should be about a specific item. If the nursing research paper is long, consider dividing the body into several sections.
When crafting a paragraph, the golden rule is using the three main parts; make a claim, support with evidence, and explain. On the claim part, you highlight the main point. Then, dig deeper and support it with evidence. This can be quotes, reports, demonstrations, and statistics. Finally, you should explain the information so that the reader comprehends everything you are talking about.
To make your nursing essay more professional, go ahead, and capture counterarguments. And, if the paper is very long, consider using a sort of conclusion for every section. This will serve as a great connector between various arguments that you highlight in the paper.
This is the last part of your nursing term paper. Here, your main goal should be summarizing the paper in one or a few paragraphs. So how do you do it? First, you should restate the thesis statement. Make sure to use different words when restating the thesis to avoid appearing repetitive. Then, summarize the main points demonstrating what you have learned. If you found some gaps that need to be filled during the study, make sure to mention it and call for more studies.
Nursing Research Topics – Use Them Today!
This post has provided you the complete details of how to craft a winning paper in nursing. Once you have selected a great topic and crafted an outline, it is time to get down to writing. But remember that you will also need to reference the paper well and write a reference list. This could be in APA or Harvard, among other styles recommended by your department. Are these requirements too much for you?
If you find writing your nursing paper too much because of one reason or another, the best option is seeking writing help from professionals. The writing professionals will craft a winning outline, body, and conclusion for your paper. It is a sure way to rake the best grade for your nursing paper.