Mental health characterizes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It involves the taking of multiple approaches to care for these different areas.
Medical news today notes that our mental health determines how we handle stress, relate to other people, and make healthy and articulate choices.
Mental health research is fast becoming one of the most researched areas in health. With this, so many research works can be chosen from this field. Therefore, as a student writing your essay on mental health, you must conduct extensive research for sufficient information.
Structure Of Mental Health Research Paper Or Essay
Students often have ample information on the chosen mental health nursing research topics, but the challenge they often encounter is properly arranging these topics to communicate knowledge effectively. We’ve prepared a mental illness research paper outline to improve your research paper.
- Abstract. Your abstract provides a summary of the area your topic will be based on and what the aim and objectives of this topic focus are. Your abstract is like a door that leads to your research, so you need to make it interesting and informative.
- Introduction. The introduction is the foremost part of your research paper or essay. Your introduction should always be straightforward, touching across all the relevant information that will be further pieced out subsequently.
- Body. This is the actual content of your research paper or essay. In the body, you are expected to assemble all the various subtitles related and relevant to your topic of interest. All your opinions, findings, research methodology, and discussions will be contained in the body. To create a rich, high quality research paper or essay, the body of your writing must examine relevant data.
- Conclusion. Your conclusion is the part where you are expected to summarise your arguments, thereby restating your thesis. By doing this, you’re bringing everything you’ve examined into consciousness again to remind your readers of the main issues and how it has been developed in the course of your writing.
- Reference List. In the course of your essay, you must have used different sources. As you go along, you should therefore ensure that you keep notes of the books, journals, articles you have read, ensuring that the reference style goes with what your university and college recommend for your class. This way, you’ll stick with what your school dictates as the reference style and be praised by your teachers or professors at the end of the school year. Your references also have to be current.
By using this structure your thesis or dissertation will be way more clear.
Characteristics Of Mental Health Essay
How do you recognize a good essay? How do you know that everyone will welcome your contributions to the mental health essays? It would help if you considered these tips:
- Clear Grammar. In other words, your diction must be grand yet easily understood. If it’s difficult for one to efficiently and thoroughly grasp your work, it’s not great work, and the essay’s purpose could be jeopardized. It would help if you communicated in simple language.
- Conciseness. Conciseness is simply communicating in as few words as possible. As the soul of communication, brevity makes your words last longer in the minds of readers. To achieve this, erase superfluous or elaborative words, be pointed in your writing, and make your sentences too passive.
- Depth and Arguments. Your arguments must be intellectually in depth and high level. With different mental health topics to write about, you need to explore a topic whose arguments you can profoundly develop. With this, you’ll be able to turn the ideas into something exciting and engaging. To create a good essay or an engaging one, this is something your readers look forward to.
- Clear Structure. You must structure your work to relate well with your mental illness research topics. This is the only way to make your readers follow your thoughts without stress. Thus, your essay or paper must have an introduction, a body, the conclusion, and a reference list.
This brief guide should help you have an idea of what a professor is looking for. And now here is a helpful list of topics to consider when writing your bachelor thesis or about mental health in general:
Research Questions About Mental Health
Since the subject, mental health is quite vast and includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being, below are some of the best mental health research questions that allow the student to focus on a particular field of research.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of delivering mental health care virtually?
- Can mental health conditions limit how a person engages with technology?
- How can physicians maximize the combination of existing treatment options with virtual mental health procedures?
- Have virtual interventions been proven safe?
- What are the measures put in place to ensure that mental health platforms are safe?
- What different effects will the adoption of virtual meetups have on the patients’ appointment time?
- Are virtual therapies as effective as physical therapies?
- Can one ascertain total satisfaction from standard elements of therapy through virtual meetups?
- Does virtual interaction create better avenues for minorities as compared to traditional interface?
- Can the different virtual platforms be used to reach out to people with mental health problems effectively?
- Does obesity affect mental health?
- What are the possible symptoms of mental illness in family members?
- At what point do people with mental illness become destructive?
- What are the causes of anorexia?
- Why does a person with mental illness begin to cut themselves?
- How easily can one treat post-traumatic stress?
- Does childbirth lead to depression?
- Are mental illnesses more prevalent in men or women?
- Is ADHD a mental illness?
- What are the causes of ADHD in young adults?
- Are mental illnesses prevalent in survivors of war?
- Can OCD be termed a mental illness?
- How can one tell when a person begins to develop obsessive-compulsive disorder?
- Are movies, games, etc., some of the leading causes of depression in young adults?
- How can one quickly ascertain if they’re mentally ill or not?
- What are the side effects of drug abuse on mental health?
- A study into medically proven ways of curing ADHD.
- The impacts of ADHD on Young adults.
- A study of the mental effects of excessive consumption of Marijuana
- How ADHD and autism affect young people in the 21st century.
- The mental challenges of living with learning disabilities.
Mental Health Research Paper Topics
Mental health is the psychological and emotional part of human health. Good mental health suggests good cognitive, behavioral, and emotional wellbeing. The following mental health research topics will provide multiple avenues for students to base their research topics on:
- The relationship between depression and weight loss
- The rise of eating disorders in teenagers and adolescents
- The glamorization of mental illness in modern media
- Why is it still somewhat taboo to speak openly about mental health?
- The lasting psychological trauma of rape
- PTSD in modern-day youth
- How positive portrayals of mental illness in movies have helped destigmatize it
- Violence in video games and violence in real life: is there a link between the two?
- The effects of victim-blaming on rape victims
- Is mental illness hereditary?
- why mental health education is relevant in our society
- ADHD in adults: regular, or a problem?
- Harmful misconceptions about OCD
- The relationship between physical health and mental wellness
- Is postpartum depression a modern illness?
- Why is a bipolar disorder more than a mood swing disorder
- The relationship between childhood bullying and self-esteem issues in adults
- Is mental illness more prevalent in men or women?
- Advances in mental health education and research in the last decade
- Living with mental health in the age of social media
- Mental health and Nollywood: a study of mental illness portrayal in Nollywood
- Mental health and social media: how social media has helped to destigmatize mental illness
- Why schools should have functioning guidance counselors for students and teachers
- The importance of including mental health topics in the school curriculum
- The need to create safe spaces for people living with mental health issues.
Mental Health Topics To Write About
Your mental health deals with several health disorders, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and personality disorders. In case your mental health research topics are based on the categorical aspects of mental health, the following are research topics on mental health that you can write about:
- What is mental health?
- Destigmatizing mental health discussions
- Mental health education in Nigerian societies
- Can exposure to violent games and movies cause people to become killers?
- Are sociopaths born or made?
- The importance of self-affirmation to goal achievement
- Why therapy isn’t only for the mentally ill
- Why you have to love yourself to be able to receive love from others
- Living with social anxiety
- Overcoming low self-esteem
- Why OCD is not just about an obsession with keeping things clean
- How self-loathing makes us self-destructive
- The benefits of mental health support groups
- How to handle bullying when your child is the aggressor
- Why do we need time for ourselves
- Is your friend group toxic?
- On low self-esteem and managing relationships
- Why it’s insensitive to refer to the mentally ill as crazy
- Why do we sometimes feel unloved?
- Why it is helpful to have supportive friends and family when going through a hard time
- Medically proven ways to deal with a constant depressive episode
- Why depression pills should be regulated
- Why everyone needs access to pills to relax anxiety
- The importance of antidepressants to neurotics
- How to successfully manage the challenges of living with mental health challenges
Mental Illness Research Paper Topics
Mental illness is a range of mental conditions that affect the mind, how we think, our behaviors. If you’ve been looking for the best mental illness research paper topics, your search stops here. Find below mental illness topics to help with your research:
- The difference between depression and sadness
- Similarities between bipolar disorder
- Treating mental disorders using medication: a study on the pros and cons
- The effects of postpartum depression on family members
- The relationship between bullying and eating disorders
- Common misconceptions about mental illness
- Mental illness in the media: positive influence or harmful perpetuation of stereotypes?
- A study on serial killers: how their childhoods shaped who they became
- Self-esteem issues as a trigger for eating disorders
- A study on the compulsive nature of kleptomania
- A study on how movies shape our perception of mental illness
- Identifying signs and symptoms of sociopathy in children
- A study on the relationship between paranoia and impulsive actions
- The relationship between suicide and low self-esteem
- Genetics and mental illness: a study on mental illness in three generations of family members
- A study on how past traumatic events shape our present
- Why eating disorders are mental disorders
- The portrayal of mental illness in the media in the past fifty years
- Improvements in mental illness diagnosis and treatment in the past century
- Examining the effects of mental illness on the lives of teenagers: a qualitative study
- Examining the impacts of antidepressants in curbing depression
- A study into the root cause of mental health challenges in young adults
- Investigating the causes of mental illness in 80+ adults
- The lingering cases of mental health challenges in older people
- The need for the free accessibility of mental health facilities by students.
Research Topics In Psychiatry
Psychiatry is a vast field of study in medicine. Any psychiatry topics must make the research journey more straightforward. That said, the following are interesting topics in psychiatry:
- Defects of tobacco addiction on the human brain
- Treating schizophrenia: most effective ways
- ADHD: more prevalent in adults than children?
- Perfectionism and OCD: Where do we draw the line?
- Why we should look out for symptoms of depression
- How has the raid of COVID-19 affected the mental health of people?
- What are the factors that provoke depression?
- Bipolar disorders as symptoms of mental illness
- What is the potency of talk therapy in relating to suicidal patients
- Anxiety disorder: symptoms and remedies
- Practical measures in overcoming alcohol abuse in men
- Depression: cyberbullying as a tool for enhancing depressive tendencies in young adults
- The adverse effect of antidepressants on brain activities
- Genetics: A yardstick for determining mental health illness
- Lack of sleep as a tool for building anxiety
- Stress as a buildup for depression
- Side effects of psychiatric treatments on older people
- The effects of COVID-19 on brain activity
- Preventing the excessive usage of sedatives in young adults
- Aging as a measure of depression
- Treating mental illness: Applying classical soul music as a means in the 21st century
- Child mental disorders: curbing unhealthy family relationships
- Postpartum depression is the leading cause of mental illness amongst women
- A study on the distinction between Bipolar I and Bipolar II
- The need for the destigmatization of psychiatric patients
Research Topics In Mental Health Nursing
Mental health nursing is a highly essential field of study that should be considered:
- The challenges involved in psychiatric nursing care
- Mental health risks involved in working with psychiatric patients
- Merits and demerits of mental health nursing careers
- Self-discipline in psychiatry nursing fields
- Nursing ethics: what a nurse should know
- Approaches to nursing theories
- Talk therapy in nursing fields
- Dealing with exposed trauma: a typical nursing experience
- Psychiatry nursing: a walk in the park?
- Limitation of responsibilities by nurses on psychiatric patients
- The essence of skilled nurses in clinical psychology
- Effective patients’ recovery: the roles of nurses in present-day psychiatry
- Practical application of nursing experience in psychiatry wards
- Forbidden practices in nursing homes
- Is psychiatry nursing predominantly a woman’s job?
- Promoting nursing staff shortage in health sectors
- Evaluating anti stigmatization by nurses in psychiatric wards
- Damning effects of psychiatric nursing on nurses
- Mental health illness: are nurses exempted?
- Nursing practices applied in treating children and adults
- Helpful ways mental health nurses administer care to patients
- Ways care for mental health patients can be improved in the hospitals
- Effective ways of caring for mental health patients
- Why mental health nursing should be a specialized healthcare role
- Importance of mental health nursing
- Why mental health nursing should be prioritized as a specialist role
Critical Analysis Research Paper Topics In Mental Health
The following are some critically analyzed paper topics in mental health that will make your research more accessible and give more depth to your essay.
- Problems related to physical and mental health issues in men and women
- Supporting children’s mental health in the 21st century
- Bipolar disorder problem as a mental health challenge
- Mental health and eating disorders
- A mental health project: a research methodology on curbing mental illnesses
- Connecting poverty and mental health problems
- Mental health counseling: a way in the wilderness
- Mental health administration: a necessity in present-day lives
- Mental health and spirituality
- Effects of marijuana on mental health
- The critical role of school psychology in the mental health movement
- Code of ethics for mental health professions worldwide
- Mental health counselors: professionalism in workplaces
- Mental health benefits in the employee benefits packages
- Eliminating stigmatization in mental health diagnoses
- Community mental health as a tool for curbing disorders
- Mental health counselor: a much-needed remedy
- Mental health issues in the criminal justice system
- Refugees and their mental health
- Medical ethics in mental health care
- Child’s mental health and depression in adulthood: a qualitative study
- Transitions in late life: a typical study of mental health concerns
- Mental health nursing: health and illness
- Mental health specialist jobs and career
- Mental health: screening and assessment of nursing personnel
- The role of female mental health in socio-cultural conditions
- Schizophrenia: a dominant mental health disorder
- Mental health practice model for public institutions
- Mental health: research methodologies issues
- Mental health strategies at the workplace
Good Research Questions About Mental Health
Good research questions must be willing to provide concise and thorough answers. Over time, researchers have generated questions that border on mental health that have proven highly effective.
- Should the use of antidepressants be accessible to children?
- Why do people need access to mental health care?
- What is the importance of prioritizing mental health care?
- Is self-care the same as mental health care?
- Is there a correlation between self-care and mental health care?
- How to prioritize mental health
- The study of the growing mental health challenge amongst young adults
- Growth of depression in third-world countries
- The effects of poverty on mental health
- A study on the effects of mental health education on the treatment of the mentally ill
- Institutionalized bullying in schools and its effects on students’ mental health
- The importance of mother’s mental health in the aftermath of childbirth
- Addressing mental health problems in children below the age of ten
- The effects of sudden environmental changes on childrens’ mental health
- The focus on mental health in the wake of the covid-19 pandemic
- Harmful effects of social media on the mental health of Nigerian youth
- Fostering mental health discourse among males
- Trolling and cancel culture and their effects on the mental health of their victims
- The benefits of mental health apps in the lives of individuals
- Measures to promote mental health awareness in religious spheres
Mental Illness Thesis Ideas
By nature, there are several mental illness thesis ideas you can explore. The following are proven great thesis ideas that concern mental health.
- Addressing inadequate measures to combat mental illness in Nigerian societies
- A study on the marginalization of the mentally ill in the society
- Mental illness stigma and seeking help: how mental health stigma affects
- The effects of mental illness stigma in people’s seeking of treatment
- Embracing mental illness discourse in schools and the workplace
- Why mental illness is an illness and not a figment of the imagination
- The relationship between mental illness and violence
- The relationship between childhood abuse and mental illness
- The benefits of support systems to the mentally ill
- Mental illness and the perpetuation of gun violence among youth in the united states
- A study of mental illness portrayals in Nigerian media
- Mental illness portrayals in Nigerian media: harmful or beneficial?
- A study on the harmful effects of certain medications on mental disorders
- Tackling common misconceptions about mental disorders among members of the older generation
- Advancements in mental illness treatment methods
- Breakthroughs in mental illness research in the 50s and 60s
- A study on ethically questionable mental health research experiments in the last 50 years
- Living with mental illness in the age of toxic internet culture
- The increase in cases of depression and anxiety in youths between the early 2000s and late 2010s
- Mental illness and criminality: a study on the relationship between the two
- Drug abuse: a study on how college students engage in drugs
- A study of the nicotine content of harmful drugs
- A critical study of the early stage of mental illness in patients.
Need Help With Your Thesis?
Suppose you are a college or university student who needs high-level advanced psychology dissertation help in preparing for your thesis deadlines and require thesis help from experts in this field. Be assured that we have professional writers online who are professors, teachers, and native writers from various fields. They can assist you in preparing high-quality research works, proofreading, editing, and writing services, all at a cheap rate. You can be sure of custom-written works that will secure you high grades.