Are you searching for history topics to use for an assignment? Sometimes it seems like developing great history essay topics can take several days. On the one hand, you want to research an idea that is challenging but on the other hand, you don’t want to make the assignment any harder than it has to be. Here is the best method for choosing great US history topics as well as a list of 100 great ideas for your consideration.
How Do I Choose A History Topic?
Students ask us this question all the time. The skills needed to develop history topics is difficult unless your teacher provides you with a pre-set from which to choose. Some of the techniques you can try are brainstorming, reading, and browsing blogs. You can also consider different approaches to answering the assignment prompt. All of these techniques can help you narrow your options to one or two U.S. history topics that can be used for a project of any length.
What Are Interesting History Topics?
Most United States history research paper topics that are interesting have common features: they push students to explore new areas or different theories and they thoroughly present an argument that makes a contribution to academic research. Students can spend years trying to figure out what makes for interesting history topics. We help to cut through this effort by putting together this list of 100 ideas to use for a research project or essay in a variety of subjects:
Topics To Write About For Black History Month
Here is a group of History research paper topics that should capture your audience’s attention. They are pulled from some of the most reputable history sites on the web:
- Why did it take so long for the American public to elect an African American President?
- Why do people still celebrate Black History Month when it should be a natural part of American History?
- Why is Harriet Tubman such an important person in American History?
- What role would you have played to help slaves escape?
- Why is Frederick Douglass such an important person in American History?
- How did the American Civil Rights movement improve race relations around the world?
- What role did George Washington Carver play in American History?
- What was it like to go to public schools before desegregation?
- What impact did President Obama’s election have on other countries?
- What can American’s learn by celebrating Black History Month?
American History Argumentative Essay Topics
Most American history research paper topics are for students that are more likely to be interested and invested in good topics for history research paper for a thesis project:
- What impact did the European colonization have on Native Americans in North America?
- How did the Indian Removal Act change the way the U.S. move toward Native Americans?
- Describe the reasons why taking a stand in history topics is still a necessary activity.
- What was the relationship Native Americans had with the environment?
- Explain the biggest theories behind the disappearance of the Colony of Roanoke.
- Describe the major arguments made between the Federalists and Anti-Federalists.
- What were the methods and goals of the early Utopian colonies?
- How did Manifest Destiny affect the way westward expansion became violent?
- Why did the American Congress pass the Indian Removal Act?
- How did the United States manage to provoke the Mexican War?
World History Topics For College-Aged Students
This list of World history research paper topics is meant for students that are learning interested in areas of the discipline that have not been studied commonly. Choosing a good topic is important for how to write a history thesis:
- How did the Salem Witch Trials affect religions around the world?
- Describe the reasons imperialism led to modern economic prosperity.
- How did the Mexican and American War affect global trade?
- What were the major causes of the 100 Years War?
- How did Medieval Crusades shape modern histories?
- Explain the South American colonization and its global impact.
- How did the Apartheid period impact global politics?
- Describe the events and causes that led to the Thirty Years War.
- What were the biggest military innovations between WWI and WWII?
- How European gender bias of the 1600s affect modern politics?
Conflict And Compromise History Topics
This list of conflict and compromise in history topics deals with issues currently in discussion on the web:
- Discuss how the Federalists and Anti-Federalists came to an agreement.
- What impact did John Brown’s attack on Harpers Ferry have in US history?
- The US and Mexican borders have shifted as a result of which agricultural conflict?
- How did the Battle of Pearl Harbor lead to U.S. and European relations?
- How was the Bush administration to blame for the damage Hurricane Katrina caused?
- What compromises did the Allies make at the Geneva Convention?
- What were the biggest reasons behind US involvement in Vietnam?
- Describe what the US had to concede after using atomic bombs.
- How did the Cotton Gin make it harder for the US to abolish slavery?
- How did British and American disagreements lead to military conflicts?
Triumph And Tragedy In History Topics
Do you need Interesting topics in history for a high school course? These ideas should be fine:
- How did some European countries rise to grow empires while others didn’t?
- Compare and contrast the military efforts of Churchill and Patton.
- Can Napoleon’s defeat in Russia be characterized as a tragedy?
- What were the major contributions to the U.S.’s victory over England?
- What were the possible causes of the Salem Witch Trials in the U.S.?
- What were the events leading to the Whiskey Rebellion of 1794?
- How did the Catholic Church contribute to the Spanish Inquisition?
- What was the U.S.’s reaction to the Jewish Holocaust?
- How did the Abolitionist Movement pave the way for the U.S. Depression?
- How did the Civil Rights Act of 1964 help today’s BLM movement?
Art History Research Paper Topics
History project topics dealing with the art throughout the centuries and their impact on culture:
- What does the art of Ancient Egypt symbolize about its culture?
- Are illuminated texts from the Middle Ages a form of art?
- Describe the influence medical science had on ancient sculptures.
- Explain the history of dramatic costumes in China and Japan.
- What impact did Christianity have on Renaissance art?
- How were Leonardo da Vinci’s early works influenced by the Bible?
- Is classical music the last veritable form of art?
- Why is Monet’s use of light in paintings influential?
- How does Salvador Dali inspire modern-day sculpture?
- Explain the modern architectural works of a major US city.
US History Regents Thematic Essay Topics
US history regents essay topics that are being discussed on the web today:
- What impact did the War of 1812 have on European diplomacy?
- What role did Ben Franklin have on the American Revolution?
- How did the War in Vietnam improve the living standards of its citizens?
- How did the American culture of the 60s inspire counter-culture in Europe?
- In what ways has American Foreign Policy changed in the last decade?
- How has President Trump affected the U.S.’s foreign relationships?
- What role did Alexander Hamilton play in the U.S.’s early government?
- What are the main reasons behind the dictatorships?
- What effects did the Cold War have on international diplomacy?
- How did the Russian Revolution influence labor movements in the U.S.?
Breaking Barriers in History Topics
Ten history paper topics that push the limits and are for a college or graduate-level course:
- How have political cartoons affected U.S. perception of movements?
- What does closing borders do to influence international perception?
- How has the urban experience been affected by labor laws?
- Discuss the impact the transcontinental railroad had on U.S. expansion.
- How has the American Indian Movement changed U.S. politics?
- Explain how the Kent State shootings created on-campus security.
- How did the Settlement House Movement in the U.S. affect neighborhoods?
- How did the Muckrakes change American journalism?
- How did the S.F. earthquake and fire in 1906 impact the Chinese community?
- What were the causes of the Springfield Race Riot of 1908?
Interesting History Topics For College Students
Interested in interesting us history topics? We’ve found that these ideas from discussions currently being held on the web:
- How did Abraham Lincoln’s assassination affect private security in the U.S.?
- How have relations between the U.S. and Russia changed in the 21st century?
- Should people in the U.S. be allowed to place bans on historical enemies?
- Which events led to the Mexican-American War?
- Describe the legacy the American Civil War has had on domestic movements.
- What are the effects of the use of Agent Orange in the Vietnam War?
- What were the major factors leading to the U.S.’s entry to WWI?
- What were the reasons behind the passage of the Espionage Act of 1917?
- How did the Zimmermann Telegram affect U.S.-Mexican relations?
- How did the treatment of war prisoners in WWII lead to human rights movements?
More Interesting History Research Paper Topics
This list of interesting topics in US history is for younger students in college. They are simple enough for students at learning about this discipline:
- How did the relations between the two major parties change after the Reconstruction Era?
- Describe the major restorations made by the Union to improve Southern conditions.
- Explain the role women played during the American Civil War.
- What was the economic impact of the American Civil War?
- How did the U.S. manage to recover from the Great Depression of the 1930s?
- What has the rise in entrepreneurship meant to the U.S. economy?
- How did the Spanish Flu affect the way the U.S. takes care of its citizens?
- What were the major characteristics of the Hams and Eggs Movement?
- What caused the division in Christian values of the 20th century?
- Why do monarchies still exist around the globe?
Get History Thesis Help Today
After looking at this list of US history research paper topics, it’s quite simple to see that the discipline is wide-ranging and incorporates a lot of diverse issues to discuss. While our US history essay topics can make it easier for you to find an idea that piques your interest, it can still be hard to settle on history research topics that fit your needs. This is why we recommend you give us a call so that one of our academic thesis writing experts can custom-write a list of topics to fit your needs. And we can do not just topics: we handle everything from one page essays to master thesis help. We’re available 24/7 all year round, so don’t hesitate to ask.