Are you looking for the latest and most interesting ecology topics? Great choice! Simply by trying to find the best ecology research topics, you are improving your chances of getting a top grade. We know ecology research is not easy and we also know that writing an ecology paper can be a daunting task.
This is why we’re here to help you with your project or thesis about environment. And the best way to do that is to give you a list of interesting, original topics. You will also find some information about the easiest way to write the academic paper further down the page.
Why Choose Only the Best Ecology Topics?
Choosing topics in ecology can be difficult. Why? Well, think of it this way: everyone in your class is scrambling to find the best ecology research project ideas. And almost everyone is using Google to find topics. There is a great chance that your project will be 90% similar to at least one other project in your class. Your professor is tired of reading the same ecology project ideas over and over again.
This is precisely why we recommend you to spend as much time as possible to find original ecology research project ideas. Of course, the topic of your paper should also be interesting. You need to capture the attention of your professor. Remember to always start the introduction with a hook. Make it punchy!
Blow, you will find a list of topics for ecology papers that we’ve prepared for 2020. They are unique at the time of writing, but we can’t guarantee they will be original by the time you get to them. This is why we recommend you to get in touch with us if you need 100% original topics or ecology lab ideas. Our skilled academic writers can help you in minutes.
Our List of 50 Excellent Ecology Research Topics
Evolutionary Ecology Research
When you need to do extensive evolutionary ecology research and want to make sure you get a top grade, you definitely need one of the following ecology topics:
- Maternal structures: they functional roles for offspring survival.
- The transcriptomic changes of plant species when transitioning from an aquatic to a terrestrial habitat.
- Define among population variation in relation to the population structure of carnivores.
- The evolution of human social complexity. (one of the more difficult ecology topics)
- The impact of invaders on soil fungal communities.
- The impact of climate change on biodiversity (both natural and managed).
Environment and Ecology Research Essays
Writing environment and ecology research papers is not easy. However, you may find that doing research about our environment is actually a very rewarding activity. Here are some interesting topics for you:
- Three ways climate change has affected the migration of the Monarch butterfly.
- Describe 5 major changes in your area’s ecosystem.
- Here is how we save resources by harnessing the power of wind.
- Analyze the growth of the black bear population over the course of 5 years.
- How can we minimize the damage done by fracking? (one of the best ecology project topics)
- The five reliable methods used to measure climate change worldwide.
Human Ecology Topics
Interested to learn how humans have influenced the environment? Want to shed light on some ecological problems we are facing today? Choose any of the following human ecology topics and get that A+:
- Are mega cities really safe for people to live in?
- What does agrarianism mean? Describe this philosophy.
- What is physiological ecology and why is it important?
- Are humans above the ecological world?
- The problems posed by fast food to our environment.
- How does our overconsumption affect the environment?
- Methods used by ecologists to protect at-risk marine species.
Ecology Experiment Ideas
Conducting ecology experiments is always a great activity. However, you may not know what to experiment with. Here are some ecology experiment ideas that will surely sound interesting to your professor:
- How does acid rain affect aquatic life?
- What kind of plants grow in your backyard?
- Using water plants to measure the quality of tap water.
- What does hydrogen peroxide do to plant roots? (one of the most interesting ecology topics for research paper)
- Is Roundup (a weed killer) really as effective as it’s advertised to be?
- Find the invasive plants in your backyard.
- Does fertilizer affect the aquatic environment?
Ecology Project Ideas for College Students
Need something a bit more complex to write about? College professors demand more in-depth information. They want to see dedication and originality. Here are some ecology project ideas for college students that you will surely appreciate:
- Analyzing the impact of climate change on the tundra.
- Explain the principle of competitive exclusion (with examples).
- Here is how green roofs work and why they need to be on every house.
- The differences between the phosphorous cycle and the nitrogen cycle.
- The main benefits of the natural green effect.
- Can we completely eliminate nonrenewable energy sources? (one of the most pressing ecology issues)
- Three interesting ways the environment frees itself from toxins.
- What is eutrophication and what causes it?
Ecology Topics for Presentation
Do you need to create a presentation for class or for one of your ecology groups? No problem, we can help you with this as well! Here are some of the best ecology topics for presentation from our skilled academic writers:
- How are salt marshes formed?
- How do different types of reefs form?
- What causes dead zones in our seas?
- Our consumerism is severely affecting the environment.
- Let’s describe gastric microbiota.
- The five major ecological problems faced by the African savanna.
Interesting Ecology Topics
Want to awe your professor? Want to get extra bonus points for originality? You definitely need our help. Here are some interesting ecology topics that will catch your professor’s eye in 2020:
- The latest technology that makes hazardous waste harmless.
- How did magnetotactic bacteria evolve?
- Let’s define the term “ecological footprint”.
- How many bugs are under your feet right now?
- How to use moss to figure out which way is North.
Easy Ecology Paper Topics
Do you want to write an exceptional essay but don’t want to spend too much time doing it? Yes, you can write a great paper on a relatively simple topic, as long as the topic is interesting. Have a look at a few easy ecology paper topics:
- How can you make a restaurant eco-friendly?
- How does a compost heap work?
- How does one market an eco-friendly product these days?
- Three ways to make your house more sustainable.
- Is the damage done by humans to the planet already irreversible?
The Five Paragraph Paper Structure
We believe that interesting ecology research paper topics alone are not enough. If you want to get an A+ or at least an A, you need a bit more help. To greatly improve your grade, you should learn how to use the five paragraph paper structure effectively. Here is how it looks like:
- Introduction. It contains the hook, the thesis statement and some background information about the topic.
- Three body paragraphs. Each paragraph will discuss an important idea or point of view. Don’t forget to use transitions between paragraphs.
- Conclusion. This is where you wrap everything up, summarize the most important ideas, and – optionally – insert a call to action.
A good list of ecology topics and excellent use of the five paragraph essay structure almost guarantee you a good grade. But remember, you must start early and focus on providing quality, accurate information. Finally, don’t hesitate to get in touch with an academic writer if you need any help.