Are you worried that you will miss the dissertation deadline? Do you have just one or two weeks before you need to submit the paper? This is a very serious problem. In fact, did you know that you can get penalized quite harshly for not adhering to the dissertation deadline? Let’s take a look at why the deadline is so important and what you risk when you don’t submit on time. Also, let’s find out what you can do to speed things up and make sure you meet the deadline for dissertation. Advice on where you can get some help is included at the end of this short article.
Why the Dissertation Deadline is Important
The dissertation deadline is very important for many reasons. First, you agreed on a deadline with your thesis supervisor. Second, the evaluation committee is not willing to waste time and hear excuses. If you were to miss a deadline at work, would you get away with it? Probably not; there would be at least some consequences. It’s the same with the deadline for dissertation. You can get in trouble if you don’t finish the paper on time and submit it to your thesis supervisor and the evaluation committee. However, you may be able to get an extension on the deadline, but only if you have objective reasons for being late. Never, under any circumstances, lie to your supervisor or to the evaluators!
Tips to Avoid Missing the Deadline
So, you want to make sure you don’t miss the deadline for dissertation. This is a very good choice on your part! There are a couple things you can do to avoid getting into trouble. Here is a quick list of the things you can do to make sure you are never late on a deadline – especially when it comes to a dissertation:
- Make a plan at the beginning of the project and organize your work and your time as best as possible.
- Stick to the plan you’ve made and never postpone things until the end.
- Acknowledge that dissertation terms are important and that you must strictly adhere to them.
- Schedule working hours every day and avoid distractions at all costs while you are working on your dissertation.
- Split the difficult sections into several parts and focus on just one part at a time (humans are not that good at multitasking, studies show).
- Leave enough time to edit and proofread your work. Remember that editing and proofreading can take more than a week.
- Plan ahead for unforeseen events. Maybe you catch a cold or maybe you have a personal problem; who knows?
- Stay organized and always create an outline when you start working on your paper.
- If it’s clear your will miss your dissertation deadlines, it is time to get help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help; your dissertation is more important than your pride.
Missed Deadline for Dissertation: How Bad Is It?
In case it is clear that you will not be able to complete the dissertation on time, you need to acknowledge it and face the truth. Many students miss their dissertation deadlines, so it’s not as grave as you expect. However, you need to let your thesis supervisor know about your problems as soon as possible. Tell him or her exactly why you expect to be late and discuss with them an extension. Set a new deadline, but make sure you are able to deliver on time this time. What you should NOT do is lie to your thesis supervisor or come up with pathetic excuses. They’ve seen students submit their papers late too many times to be fooled by you – guaranteed!
Now that you know how not to miss a deadline and how to handle a missed deadline for dissertation, it’s time to talk about what you can do if you still have some time left at your disposal. You can start working very hard and may pull it off in time. Or you can get some assistance. College students rarely think about getting help, but they don’t realize just how important some assistance with dissertation writing can be. What you must do is find a reliable academic writer who has at least a few years of experience writing dissertations. Of course, these people can’t be found on social media or classifieds websites. To get to a reliable, experienced dissertation writer, you need to get in touch with an academic writing company. It may sound uncommon, but over 60% of all students get some form of writing help to meet their dissertation deadlines. There is no workaround this situation if you want to submit your paper on time and ensure you do a great job. After all, your academic future depends largely on the outcome of your dissertation.