Many students encounter difficulties when choosing chemistry topics. That’s because many learners struggle with many topic ideas. Others have to consider bordering disciplines. Unfortunately, many students look for easy and popular chemistry topics for research. But, this might not be efficient because research papers should be original.
From mode reaction and experiment rules to inorganic and organic fields, topics in chemistry should be analytical and researchable. What’s more, a topic shouldn’t be too narrow, too complex, or too general. For instance, students can choose environmental chemistry topics or chemistry reagent topics. In that case, a student should ensure that the chosen topic has a specific focus. If struggling to choose a topic for your research project, here are some of the topics to consider.
Organic Chemistry Topics for Research
Organic chemistry is a broad study area. And, there are many things to research and write about in this area. Additionally, experts in this field are always conducting research. Thus, students can find fresh information and ideas to include in their papers. Here are some of the best organic chemistry topics from our chemistry helpers for you to consider.
- Isomerism types in organic compounds
- Define and explain what nucleophiles are
- Define and explain what aniline dyes are
- What is nucleic acids stability?
- Define and explain the oil
- Describe the production of hydrocarbon fuel
- Define and describe electrophiles
- Phenol as a form of acid- Explain
- Explain the formation of globular proteins
- What is snow pollution?- Explain how dangerous it is
Each of these chemistry research paper topics requires extensive research to come up with a solid paper. Therefore, select the topic to write about in this category ready to invest time and energy in research.
Inorganic Chemistry Topics
Students also have many topics to choose from in the inorganic chemistry field. Here are some of the best topics to consider in this category.
- Define NaCI salty
- Explain the formation of sapphires
- Explain the Multiple Proportions Law
- Explain different states of matter
- How are organic materials affected by sulfuric acid?
- Why do solar cells use silicon dioxide?
- Explain the importance of inorganic chemistry
- Explain Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressures
- Discuss the Lewis Structures and the Electron Dot Models
- How do organic compounds differ from inorganic compounds?
Inorganic chemistry topics can be about anything about the behavior and synthesis of inorganic chemical compounds. Essentially, the invention and innovation of chemicals reign in this field.
The Most Interesting Chemistry Topics
Professors appreciate a research paper written about an interesting topic. Here are some of the best topics in this category.
- Explain how photocatalysis works in a 3D printer
- Fritz Haber- Who was he?
- Explain why glow sticks glow
- Define and explain what nanoreactors are in chemistry
- Californium- What is it?
- Explain the process of freezing air
- Explain how the sun burns yet it does not use oxygen
- Why is Sodium Azide used in car airbags?
- What color is oxygen gas?
- Explain the formation of dry ice
These are great college and high school chemistry topics. Even undergraduates can write research papers on some of these topics.
Amazing General Chemistry Topics
This category has some of the easiest chemistry topics to consider. Here are some of the ideas to consider when you want to write a paper about a topic in chemistry quickly.
- Explain how batteries are made
- What is a thermoelectric material?
- How can farmers avoid using pesticides?
- Explain the expansion of water upon freezing
- How are pesticides made?
- Explain the replication of synthetic molecules
- Explain Thermodynamics Laws implications
- Define cholesterol
- Explain how vitamins act in the body
- Define and describe steroids
These chemistry research topics are ideal to consider when you want to write a good paper by searching for relevant information on the search engines.
Chemistry Research Paper Topics for Undergraduates
In terms of complexity, undergraduates topics are difficult than chemistry research topics for high school and college students. Nevertheless, undergraduates have many topics that they can find relevant and sufficient information to write about. Here are some of the best chemistry projects topics for undergraduates.
- Explain how military applications use nanophotonics
- Explain the effect of the chemical equilibrium
- Describe the use of hydrogen in the discovery of oxygen
- Explain the development of an allergy
- Describe surface tension and its applications
- Discuss the ionization methods for the mass spectrometry process
- Explain how lithium can be stabilized
- What is used to make food dyes- Explain
- Lewis Structure study
- Explain why Ibuprofen is considered dangerous
These chemistry paper topics are complex and students need several days to write solid papers about them.
Chemistry Research Topics for High School
There are many topics in chemistry high school learners can consider. Here are some of the best topics that high school students can choose for their research papers and essays.
- Analyze the effect of PH on planets
- Explain the creation of pearls
- Explain the growth of artificial diamonds
- Explain how tea brewing can be optimized
- Explain how heavy metals are detected in plants
- Analyze the air that humans breathe
- Why is the use of petroleum products dangerous?
- Explain the barium toxicity
- Explain how chemistry can benefit indoor plants
- Explain how oil can be cleaned effectively
These are cool chemistry topics that students can find information about online. Some students can even take a few hours to write essays on some of these topics.
The Best Topics in Current Chemistry
Perhaps, you want to write a paper or essay on a current topic. In that case, consider a topic in this category. This category comprises topics in medicinal, physical, and environmental chemistry. You can also find controversial chemistry topics in this category. Here are some of the best current topics in medicinal chemistry and other branches.
- Explain how acid rain affects animals and plants
- Explain how bad plastic packaging is and how it influences food quality
- How are human allergies influenced by chemicals?
- How do soft drinks affect the human body?
- What is the connection between makeup products and chemistry?
- Define organic food- Is it safe for human consumption?
- What is the influence of chemicals on long-distance product delivery?
- Define radon- What health risks does it pose and how can it be prevented in buildings?
- Describe the inventions of the scientist who contributed the most in chemistry
- Are all vitamins important to the body?- Explain some of the disadvantages of vitamins
Chemical Engineering Topics for Research
Chemical engineering students are also required to write papers and essays. Here are some of the best topics to consider in this category.
- Explain the wastewater treatment process
- Rocket fuel and biofuels- Explain their similarities and differences
- What are nano filters and how do they work?
- Explain microfluidics
- Explain rare earth extractions
- Discuss iron and coal slimes processing
- What is Nox emissions reduction?
- Explain the molecular dynamics & simulation
- What are nanofiltration systems and how do they work?
- Explain the simulation of the density functional theory
This category has some of the best chemistry topics for presentation. What’s more, learners that want to learn while impressing their professors can consider them.
Great Physical Chemistry Topics
This category has some of the most interesting chemistry presentation topics. Nevertheless, physical chemistry is a difficult course for learners in different study levels. Here are some of the best topics to consider in this category.
- Explain vibrational spectroscopy
- Discuss chemistry and quantum mechanics
- What is electronic spectroscopy?
- Discuss multielectron atoms
- Discuss the Schrodinger Equation
- Explain applications in Kinetics
- Discuss the Entropy laws
- Describe the major gas properties
- Discuss the harmonic & anharmonic oscillator
- Explain heteroatomic or chemical bonding
Students that are pursuing physical chemistry topics can also find interesting chemistry topics for presentation in this category.
When looking for chemistry related topics, learners can consider ideas for their papers and essays in biochemistry. Here are some of the best chemistry topics for project in biochemistry.
- Explain fatty acids metabolism
- Explain the structure and role of proteins
- What is enzymes kinetics?
- Describe the cell metabolism processes
- Explain the DNA replication & repair processes
- Discuss the analysis of nucleic acid
- Describe the structure & role of carbohydrates
- What role do lipids play in biological systems?
- Explain the special properties that water has
- What is the function of protein- Explain its key principles
These are some of the best chemistry project topics to consider in biochemistry. But, every learner should select a topic they are comfortable researching and writing about.
Whether a student needs chemistry IA topics or the best AP chemistry topics, they have many options to consider. Nevertheless, every learner should settle for an interesting chemistry topic to have an easy time researching and writing their paper or essay. Also, take a look at our ecology topics.