The importance of choosing interesting biology research topics comes down to the impact your assignments will make on your audience. In most cases, you will be writing with only one reader in mind – the instructor. And as this person likely sees hundreds of biology topics each school year you need to make sure you stand out as much as possible. Here are 100 biology topics for research that are sure to get your work noticed and improve your chances of earning a top grade. You can also check out our bioethics topics.
Biology Topics for High School
If you need some biology dissertation help and are looking for easy biology research topics for high school assignments, these ideas will meet most requirements without causing too much stress:
- Can Ebola be used as a biological weapon?
- How do biological genes affect depression?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for humans?
- Is human cloning a moral issue?
- How does cloning affect health medicine?
Hot Topics in Biology
This is a list of the current “hot” topics in the field and will certainly capture your audience’s attention:
- Why are abortion issues so controversial in the U.S.?
- How has gene molecular biology shifted in the last decade?
- Can enhanced antibodies help curb COVID-19 cases?
- Is immortality a realistic goal for humans?
- Why is abortion a bigger issue in the U.S. than in Europe?
Very Interesting Biology Topics
These current topics in developmental biology cover the most interesting ideas in this growing area of science:
- Can people rely on their dreams when making recollections?
- Does the Covid-19 pandemic affect medical funding?
- What is the difference between cellular function and structure?
- What is the difference between natural and planned selection?
- In what ways did evolution theory chance biology science?
Biology Research Paper Topics
Biology research is an area of study that is constantly changing. New studies come up every year and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the following issues:
- What are animals that don’t die of natural causes?
- What is the origin of human cloning?
- What are the basic principles of cloning in humans?
- Is it possible for domestic wild animals?
- Does human genetics cause obesity?
Current AP Biology Topics
AP tests have focused a lot on evolutionary biology research paper topics and this set of questions will help you prepare for the advanced placement test:
- Medicinal marijuana as a means to aid pain?
- How does rapid plan DNA change affect humans?
- What is cell tissue engineering?
- What are the most promising regenerative medicine treatments?
- What is meant by therapeutic cloning?
Molecular Biology Topics
Need topics on molecular biology issues? These five topics represent the latest research on this subject:
- Are humans naturally frugivores or omnivores?
- What are the ethical issues surrounding cloning?
- What are the biological reasons behind food intolerances?
- How can hypertrophy be enhanced in the body?
- What impact on the cellular level do sunburns have?
Biology IA Topics for 2010
The following good research topics for biology are excellent for students that do not have the time to conduct in-depth research:
- Does following a paleo diet help athletes perform?
- Does drinking more water prevent serious sunburns?
- What are the three evolutionary branches?
- How does sleep and wake cycles affect learning?
- In what ways is the brain affected by music?
Biology Topics for Presentation
- How is metabolism affected by physical exercise?
- Describe the study of behavior in birds.
- Are bees in veritable danger of becoming extinct?
- What impact does deforestation have on the biosphere?
- Is it possible for the brain to heal itself?
More IB Biology IA Topics
Advanced placement tests in this field require high-level responses on a variety of popular biology research topics. Check these out:
- How does climate change affect biodiversity?
- What are the benefits of organic farming?
- What is bioluminescence and can it be used?
- How is insulin created in the body?
- What is the relationship between cancer and telomerase?
Biology Debate Topics
These topics in biology are perfect for anyone who wants to leave a lasting impression on the reader:
- Do sports help improve humans’ biological makeup?
- How is the translation of reprobation affected by cell biology?
- Does the human body function when he or she is in a coma?
- Define the levels of molecular biology.
- How does cell manipulation affect the growth hormone?
Research Topics in Biology for Undergraduates
This group of interesting biology topics for presentation deals with what we use to understand how humans act and react:
- Is the DNA from amber a way to clone prehistoric animals?
- What is the resistance capacity of the immune system?
- How does a malfunction to the immune system increase risk?
- How do allergic reactions cause asthma in some people?
- What are the benefits of vaccination?
Biology Project Topics
These topic ideas can also make a great impression on your teacher, even though they are not controversial.
- How does stress affect the human immune system?
- How does cell structure affect resistance to antibodies?
- How do human hormones affect depression levels?
- What are the limitations of transplantation?
- What are the biological insights on abortion?
Marine Biology Topics
These marine biology research topics are ideal for college-level students and up:
- What are the biggest sea challenges to marine life?
- How does economic stability affect sea life?
- What sustainable acts can be attributed to marine science?
- Ancient sea life presents a look toward modern life.
- What impact does the study of marine development have in the field?
Biology Topics to Write About
These ideas cover a wide range of study areas perfect for a graduate course where students can introduce biology issues:
- How is feminist ideology related to abortion and biology?
- What are the different types of cloning in existence today?
- Describe the history of cloning in the United States?
- What do we know about organisms with modified DNA?
- How effective is DNA-based cloning in the medical field?
Cell Biology Research Topics
These excellent human biology topics are ideal of long research projects in college or graduate school:
- Are microbial factories the answers to a shortage of raw metals?
- How does the U.S. affect international abortion opinions?
- Describe the advancements of extra-cellular matrix biology study?
- How does the study of cell biology aid in fighting Alzheimer’s?
- What are the negative effects of using antibiotics?
Biology Paper Topics
These ideas focus on the changing ways that media has changed the way we handle global affairs in biology:
- How does the study of antibodies help with the Covid-19 crisis?
- In what ways does physical trauma affect cells in the body?
- Can we use cell regeneration to build antibodies?
- What is bio-diesel and how is it created?
- What are the implications of coral reef biology?
Biology Research Topics for College Students
Looking for exciting cell biology topics? This collection is great for college students getting into this field of study:
- What changes to medicine are possible with cloning?
- Can restructuring DNA help fight the effects of aging?
- How does a proper diet for pets affect their health?
- How does miscarriage affect women’s health?
- What are the best cancer treatments today?
Biology Topics List
This list of topics in biology caters to the college undergraduate community of students:
- What are the ethical questions related to human cloning?
- What are the implications of the second wave of Covid-19?
- What is the best way to fight global pandemics?
- What are the most effective ways of slowing the aging process?
- How does regular exercise postpone aging in adults?
Controversial Biology Topics
Controversy can turn heads and these cool biology topics will attract your readers’ attention:
- What are the biggest threats related to salmonella?
- What is the study of laparotomy?
- What impact does BMI have on injuries?
- What is the link between environmental pollution and cancer rates?
- How does cellular health affect mental health?
Biology Essay Topics
These five biology research topics are for graduate-level students, catering specifically to those in top programs around the country:
- What evidence is there of a pandemic that can wipe out half of the world’s population?
- What is the most effective way of fighting an endemic?
- Is it possible to increase brainpower?
- How can humans fight disease with altered DNA?
- What impact does clean water have in preventing disease?
Choosing original and interesting topics is the key to writing a great biology thesis or research paper. We understand that this doesn’t always come easy to students – no matter what their educational level – so we’ve created this list to inspire ideas or to be used as-is. If you need fresh biology research topics you may want to contact our support staff for ideas catered towards your specific assignment needs.